Victims of Crimes

What You Can Do If You Are a Victim of Crime. You Have Rights. You Can Get Help. Download Brochure

Monday, January 25, 2010

Anniversary of The Star of Chicago Wedding on June 18, 1988

While I attended a Wedding Ceremony on Sunday, January 24, 2010, at Belverdere Events Banquet in Elk Grove, Illinois, I was recollecting my own wedding ceremony on June 18, 1988, twenty-two years ago aboard the Star of Chicago yacht on Lake Michigan. The Windy City hosted my wedding party when I married Nathan Scott Wittler Patriquin, former U.S. Navy Postal Clerk aboard the USS Platte stationed in Norfolk, Virginia, following the end of his U.S. Naval service. Nathan S. Wittler's parents, Reverend Melvin A. Wittler and Mrs. Nancy Wittler Patriquin, travelled from Istanbul, Turkey to the United States, and brought Christian missionaries with them, invited as guests, to include his brothers Brian Wittler, Ken Wittler, and sister Heather Wittler, from West Dummerston, Vermont, and Boston, Massachusetts, in New England. In addition, my father, Mr. Robert Hung, invited my Uncle Filiberto Hung and wife Mireya Hung Lee with my eldest cousin, Ana Mireya Hung Lee who travelled from Flushing, New York to attend the Wedding aboard the Star of Chicago. We had more than 50 wedding guests who included U.S. Navy David Patriquin and his wife Cynthia Patriquin, as well as my former French teacher Mrs. Francis Salvato and husband Frank Salvato, U.S. Air Force. Twenty-two years have passed, while I still remember all the restaurant dinners and wedding breakfasts along the shores of Lake Michigan in Chicago, by the Belmont Harbour, in Illinois, for my own wedding ceremony at Chicago City Hall.

No comments: